Tunics are one of the most versatile fashion trends ever created. They can be worn in so many different ways and are just so fabulously chic on almost everybody (no matter what size they are in). It is best worn on your ‘thick days’ because it camouflages any bulge around the tummy and hips. Accessorized it with belt and you are ready to turn heads with that hourglass figure. This amazing fashion trend can also take you from work to play by simply dressing them up for the evening with a pair of stilettos or wear it alone as beach cover-up. You could also pair it with nice blazer for that smart casual office attire.
Because there are so many ways to wear them, the trick is to play with your proportion and find the one that flatters your figure to recreate your style. Below are few of my suggestions on how to rock them. Enjoy reading!
- Rock it with skinny jeans– Generally the rule or idea here is to balance something long and loose on top with something that fits on the bottom. Skinny jeans and leggings are the best option to balance the tunic. It controls the volume so that you would not look baggy or pregnant (unless you are really pregnant). Add some bangles (like what I did), belt for a polished look, oversize bag and sunnies. Ola! You are good to go!
- Go classic with flare pants– Who says flare pants are out? Surprisingly, the classic flare pants are good choice! It could be worn with tunics because it is slim through the thigh and bells out at the bottom. These pants give you an illusion of svelte legs while elongating your body to make you look taller and slimmer.
- Accentuate with accessories – Thicker and colorful belts are simply stunning and contemporary cool. For a more polished look, go for thin weave belts. If you feel a lil’ bit adventurous, try a blazer or a cropped cardigan on top of your tunic. You may also opt for tights and knee high boots for that perfect Gossip-girl-look.
- Bare-leg-combo for a daring look– There are stores that offer a little more length than normal tunics. These tunics could be worn as dresses or cover-ups. Wear it with your favorite stiletto and you are on your way to that classy and formal look. Remember to choose a feminine color like peach to give you an ethereal look. Also, match it with strappy flat sandals for that hippie-boho vibe that is oh-so-summery!
- Preppy side of shorts– Because of the scourging heat of the summer, pairing tunics with cute shorts and flats are so adorable. They are perfect for lunch dinner with friends or barbeque parties. Always choose solid colored shorts to go with your printed tunics for that preppy vibe.
Long Live TUNICS!!!
- In Tune with Style: 5 Trendy Maternity Tunics Under $50 (thebudgetfashionista.com)
- Types of Versatile And Flattering Fashion Tunics (fashionworlddresses.wordpress.com)
- Wardrobe Re-design Update – The Mother’s Day Edition (styleunearthed.wordpress.com)
- Floral Tunic and Purple Pants (themodernausten.com)
- the perfect tunic(s) (tenacious-dee.com)
- 10 Breezy Tunics For Summer BBQs & Beyond (refinery29.com)
- Cute tunics and dresses from Emerald August (babyccinokids.com)
- Choose your best products from new fashion (shourovhossain205.wordpress.com)
- =☼=maxstudio Blouson Tunic Grey Tweed, L (diazsuzette23.wordpress.com)